In this podcast, “Understanding Verbal Threshold in New Jersey,” Christopher Major, Civil Practice Team Leader at Lois Law Firm, discusses what happens when the plaintiff and tortfeasor in a civil action attempt to resolve their case by settlement without the consent of the workers’ compensation carrier in New York. This audio is from a live presentation on March 9, 2020.
Major discusses the following:
- What are the rights of the workers’ compensation carrier under Section 29 to the proceeds of a third-party lawsuit?
- What happens when the parties to the civil action do not obtain consent to settlement.
- The remedy available to the third parties when the workers’ compensation carrier refuses to consent to a settlement.
- How recent case decisions will impact the practice in 2020.
How to attend these webinars live and ask questions
Join us for our monthly webinars on New York and New Jersey workers’ compensation law.
- Register for a Construction Defense Webinar
- Register for a Civil Litigation Webinar
- Register for a New York Workers' Compensation Webinar (12PM SESSION)
- Register for a New York Workers' Compensation Webinar (3PM SESSION)
- Register for a New Jersey Workers' Compensation Webinar
Schedules and Information
Handout materials are provided in advance of each session. The webinar courses follow the "life cycle" of a claim and correspond to chapters in the Workers' Compensation Handbooks offered by the Firm.
This webinar is not legal advice! The materials presented by this webinar/podcast and any affiliated website are for informational purposes only and are not offered as legal advice as to any particular matter. No viewer/listener/reader should act on the basis of these materials without seeking appropriate professional advice as to the particular facts and applicable law involved. The materials are not represented to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. Opinions presented by this video/podcast are the opinions of the author.
Neither the use of this web site nor the transfer of information to or from this web site shall create or constitute an attorney-client relationship between Greg Lois, the presenter in the video/podcast, or LOIS LAW FIRM LLC and any person. You should not send any confidential information to this web site until after you have entered into a written agreement for the performance of legal services.